I thought I'd write some thoughts on the DayKnight 30-day Project Challenge (DK30). After 30 days, I made 5 illustrations (which exceeds my minimum goal of 4).
This was my first DK30, and I think it was a success. Overall, I was able to predict that I will produce somewhere between 4 and 6 illustrations based on the target days I planned to spend each week. But I dramatically underestimated how many hours I would spend PER TARGET DAY. I probably spent 2x-3x as much time to complete an illustration because I would deviate from the initial draft so much. In weeks 3 and 4 my attention was split between two projects (I got invited into helping out on a different DK30 project) so that was an additional challenge.
Most importantly though, the illustrations did seem to bring back memories for the DayKnights who watched the source videos and/or streams, and did pique interest of the DayKnights who haven't watched Day's musings. And last but not least... Day himself saw my illustrations WOOHOOOOO!!! (huge fan moment haha)
I'm Candice and I doodle with the intensity of the doomguy.